Types of Information We Collect.
- Information You Provide Us Directly. We may collect information from you, including but not limited to your username, password, business name(s), address information, license information, email, and other such personal or business information, when you create an account with us or otherwise choose to submit information to us. We may require payment information (such as a valid credit card number) in connection with the website or related services, but payment is handled by a third-party service provider and we do not process, store or otherwise take custody of or responsibility for such information. We also retain information that you post or store through your account and/or on our website or related services, such as your product and service solicitations, comments, notes, ratings and photos. If you exchange any messages through our website or through our related services, we may store those as well. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. When you post your name, data, messages, questions, comments, articles or photos of your products, services or personnel on the website or to related services, the information contained in your posting will be stored on Company servers and other users may be able to see it. We may also collect information that you give us or authorize us to access about your colleagues or friends, such as their names and email, so that we may send them correspondence, invite them to use the website or related services, and facilitate interactive features of the website and related services.
- Information We May Receive from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our website or related services through a third-party connection or log-in, such as Google Apps, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, any information that you permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or related service.
- Do Not Track.Cannabis Investment Network does not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. However, some third-party sites who push content to our site do keep track of your browsing activities over time and across different websites when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
- Use of Your Data–General Use– In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make or to aid us in improving the user experience. Your information may be used for research and marketing purposes; to facilitate the creation and security of your account; identify you as a user in our system; improve the quality of experience when you interact with the website and the related services; send you e-mail notifications; respond to your inquiries related to the services or other requests; send promotional offers; or call you as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback. The limited exceptions to this general practice are set forth below.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. This anonymous data may be used to analyze request and usage patterns and improve site navigation. We reserve the right, and you hereby grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license, to use, sell, sublicense through multiple levels, and disclose your anonymous data to third-party companies for any lawful purpose.
- Feedback.If you provide us with feedback on any of our services, you give us the irrevocable, royalty-free right to use such feedback for any purpose, provided we will not associate such feedback with your personally identifiable information if used for any purpose other than our internal business purposes.
- Disclosure of Your information. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your information, we may disclose information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) protect or defend our rights or property or users of the website or related services.
- Disclosure to Third-Party Companies. In the future Cannabis Investment Network may enter into agreements with third-party companies that directly or indirectly relate to your information. A third-party company may want access to information that we collect from you and we may share such information with a third-party on an anonymized basis. We may also work with third parties to collect and analyze your data on an anonymous basis. If you link your Cannabis Investment Network account to any third-party website, we may share information about you with those third parties. You may opt-out of sharing some or all of this type of information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third-Party Websites. We may link to or frame third-party websites. The provision of a link to or frame of any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify an endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. When you click on such a link, you will leave the Cannabis Investment Network site. During this process, another entity may collect information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content.
- Changes to Information. You may change any of your information in your account by editing your profile. You may request deletion of your information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Information will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account.
- Security of Your Information.We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of industry-leading security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We do not intentionally gather information about visitors who are under the age of 21. If you are under the age of 21 you are not permitted to use, and should not access, our website or related services.
Thank you, and welcome to the Cannabis Investment Network.